SB 270 was introduced by Senator Durazo on January 28, 2021. Senator Durazo introduced a nearly identical bill, SB 1173, in the last legislative session. SB 1173 initially passed the Senate, and then passed the Assembly with amendments. However, the Senate was unable to concur in the Assembly amendments before the legislative session ended. The language of SB 1173 is now in SB 270.Continue reading
Subscribe by email
Tim Yeung is a Partner with the law firm of Sloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLP in Sacramento, California. He exclusively practices labor and employment law, with a particular focus on the public sector.
About Sloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLPSloan Sakai Yeung & Wong LLP provides legal representation for cities, counties, school districts, universities, special districts, state agencies, and non-profit organizations in all areas of labor, employment, and general government law. Visit our website at sloansakai.com or call us at: 916.258.8800.
- SB 270: New Attempt at Imposing Monetary Penalties for Violation of PECC
- AB 237: Mandates Health Insurance for Striking Employees.
- PERB: Mediation Not Required Before Factfinding Under MMBA
- Attorneys’ Fees Awarded as Make Whole Remedy for Refusal to Arbitrate
- Deferral to Arbitration is Immediately Appealable
Search This Site