The Industrial Relations Association of Northern California (IRANC), now called the Labor and Employment Relations Association of Northern California (LERANC), will be holding a luncheon on “A Fact-Finding How To” on March 27, 2012. Speaking on a panel will be Arbitrators Catherine Harris, John LaRocco, and Katherine Thomson.
In light of AB 646 (which provides for fact-finding under the MMBA), many people are wondering about the mechanics of fact-finding. How are fact-finding hearings different from grievance arbitrations? How do neutral arbitrators deal with party-designated panel members in tripartite fact-finding? How do you handle expert witnesses? The panel members will address these and other issues related to fact-finding.
Here are the details:
- Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
- Time: 11:30 A.M. Registration & Networking; Noon – Lunch & Speaker; 1:00 P.M. Adjourn
- Location: Firehouse Restaurant, Golden Eagle Room, 1112 Second Street, Old Sacramento, CA 95814
- Menu: Choice of 1) Chicken Marsala; 2) Pork Tenderloin; or 3) Vegetarian Pizzaiola Sandwich
- Cost: Reservation by March 15 = $20.00 Members, $30.00 Non Members; After March 15 or at the Door = $25.00 Members, $35.00 Non Members
RSVP by March 15 to Marcia Mooney (916) 928-0399 or email email@example.com with lunch choice. Make checks payable to IRANC and mail to 1017 L Street #159, Sacramento, CA 95814-3805. For more information, visit the IRANC website.